Invisalign® Clear Braces
If the thought of getting metal braces has prevented you from straightening your teeth in the past, then we know you’ll love the Invisalign clear braces orthodontic system. Instead of using brackets and wires, it utilizes a series of custom-made clear plastic aligner trays to shift your teeth in the most discreet and comfortable way possible. Interested in seeing if Invisalign is right for you? To schedule a consultation, contact us today. We’ll examine your smile, discuss your options, and partner with you to develop a plan to create healthy, flawless smiles you’re proud to share.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Traditional braces place pressure on teeth to shift them into a new position over the course of weeks or months. This process is completed by placing brackets onto the front surfaces of teeth. Then, wires are attached to the brackets that are adjusted during regular orthodontist appointments to place pressure on teeth and shift them into the best possible position. Invisalign trays perform the same function using clear alignment trays. Each tray is crafted to represent the placement of teeth one step closer to the ideal position. Worn for two weeks at a time, these aligners will shift your teeth into this new placement. Then, you will exchange the current set of aligner trays for the next set in the series. The number of aligner trays used will depend on your unique needs, but most patients complete treatment in just eight to eighteen months. Traditional orthodontic treatment options can take 18 to 36 months and they require frequent adjustment appointments, making them a less-than-ideal treatment option for busy patients.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign Treatment?
There are numerous benefits that make Invisalign orthodontics the ideal options for many patients. Some of the advantages to straightening your teeth with Invisalign orthodontics include:
- Cosmetically flawless – the trays themselves are practically invisible on the teeth, so you can share your smile with total confidence.
- Removable aligners – even better, you can easily take your clear aligners out, allowing you to eat all of your favorite foods and look and feel your best throughout treatment.
- No hassle treatment – with Invisalign clear braces, you won’t have to alter your diet or change the way you brush your teeth.
- Saved time – Throughout treatment, you’ll have fewer dental office visits, and overall treatment time is significantly reduced with average treatment at just 12 months compared with the 20 to 24 month average treatment for traditional braces.
Should I Consider Invisalign?
For many patients, Invisalign offers a viable alternative to traditional bracket and wire braces, but no dental treatment is right for everyone. Some of those patients who are most ideally suited to orthodontic treatment using the Invisalign clear braces system include:
- Those whose alignment concerns are mild to moderate. The most severe misalignments will still need to be addressed with traditional orthodontics.
- Those whose busy schedules make frequent trips to the dental office inconvenient or impossible.
- Those who have allergies or sensitivities to metal, making traditional braces potentially harmful.
- Those who have sensitive teeth, gums, or gag reflexes that make traditional braces treatment very uncomfortable.
- Those who have limited diets or oral hygiene needs that make using bracket and wire braces to correct alignment impossible.